SILC Virtual Opening: Schedule of Events
STEM INNOVATION LEARNING CENTER VIRTUAL OPENING
On Thursday, October 1st Wayne State University will be celebrating the STEM Innovation Learning Center with a series of mini pop-up virtual events throughout the day, complete with live remarks from WSU VIPs, government and community leaders, a 3D building tour, drone fly-over, and more.
Watch live at https://www.wayne.edu/live all day on the 15's of every hour from 9:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.!
Hosted with passion and enthusiasm throughout the day by Dr. Tonya M Matthews, Associate Provost for Inclusive Workforce Development and Director of the STEM Innovation Learning Center.
- WSU Provost Laurie Clabo kicks off with Drone Flyover.
- WSU President M. Roy Wilson greets viewers and premiers a 3D Virtual Tour of SILC.
- Chair of WSU Board of Governors Marilyn Kelly greets viewers and Director of National Tuskegee Airmen Museum Brian Smith and WSU Professor of Chemical Engineering Jeffrey Potoff talk Past, Present, and Future of STEM workforce training.
- WSU Director of Facilities Ashley Flintoff puts SILC and the Master Plan in perspective and the official Ribbon Cutting begins.
- The Governor of Michigan congratulates WSU and SILC sneak previews and Ribbon Cuttings continue.
- WSU STEM Engagement Coordinator Theresa Ramirez-Zipser showcases conversations with leaders of DAPCEP, FIRST in Michigan, and the Michigan Science Center.
- WSU Students Sydni Alexis Elebra and Jacqueline Mack share their perspectives on the new STEM Innovation Learning Center, and the event comes to a rousing conclusion with a special delivery for SILC’s director.